Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Paying our debt to society

Jodie and I took last Monday afternoon of work to go down to the Multnomah County Courthouse to take care of our disabled parking infraction.

We had Jodie's scooter, but not mine. I used my walker. I didn't realize that the parking garage was so far from the courthouse.

The clerk at the courthouse was very nice. He asked to see ut disabled parking permit. We explained that it was in the car, in a disabled parking spot.

The clerk came out from behind the glass with a piece of paper on a clipboard and asked us to write why our disabled card was not up. Then he gave us a fax number to fax in a copy of our disabled card.

I was very impressed with the kindness and professionalism of the clerk. He did his job well, very courteous.

Lesson learned - never forget to hang the @#!#@! disabled card up!

No comments: