Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

2007 is less than an hour away.

2006 has been a good year, except for this mysterious ailment that has been with me since June, perhaps earlier.

In June I was at work when I shared with coworkers that I was having chest pain. The ambulance took me to the ER. They did an ekg; my heart was fine. I was prescribed antacids and told to stay home and rest a few days. The pain subsided, but never went away.

I went to the doctor in September. X-rays showed the remnant of pneumonia. I took a week of antibiotics, then another week. I have been back a couple times. I had a physical. All tests come out fine. "Pluerisy" is the latest thought of what I have. I have had three chest x-rays. My pain subsided a bit after visiting my chiropractor.

My dr. has run out of ideas and has referred me to Dr. Hoeflich. She is like a neurologist, but a different title. I am a bit hesitant to go to her after my wife's last dealings with her. Molly's solution for pain associated with our disability is to take meds that would keep us from working. This is not an option for either of us.

I have cerebral palsy and scoliosis. I fought hard, as my wife did also, for our jobs. We are not going to let go of them.

My appointment is not until Jan 24. My pain seems to be getting worse...not quite sure what to do. I just took some symptom surveys online. Could I have asthma?

Anyway...

It has been a good year. I am happy we made it to Diamond Lake, and saw Crater Lake. I am happy that I am working with the new Rockwood Branch, and that Mel is my supervisor.

NWBAZAARS.COM was a successful web venture - even if it's primary value was getting the tables and my mother-in-law's 2 bazaars filled. Troystoybox.com was not successful, but I learned a lot about ecommerce from it. I learned about SEO. My lack of success frustrates me, but I feel good about what I have learned.

13 minutes until 2007.

No comments: