Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Night Out

Monday night Jodie and I had to go to the mall to exchange a mp3 player. We we done late, and we were hungry. We decided to go out to eat at a seafood place close to home.

We were seated fine. When our waitress came, she asked what special occasion brought us out. We said that our son was at grandma's house and we wanted to take advantage of it.

I saw an apitizer I wanted on the menu. I pointed to it and said I would like that. The waitress looked atJodie and asked if it was okay.

Another waitress brought the food out. She moved Jodie's smaller plates and warned her that the dinner plate was very hot. With my plate, she left it on the outside of the table and ran off. I was moving my plates around when our waitress came and helped.


I felt so disabled! ...And invisible...

No comments: