Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

More muscle spasms

My chest started really hurting again last night. I woke at 3 this morning and was very uncomfortable in bed. I could not find a comfortable position. I've been dealing with this medical problem for a year now. Doctors can't seem to figure out what it is. In the last month I have had days of severe pain and days of almost no pain.

I have been taking a muscle relaxant since Molly prescribed it in February. I had been feeling pretty good until an episode I had early this month. I went to urgent care and the dr. prescribed an nsaid and vicodin to help me through the pain. He must have read my chart pretty well, and he could see the spasms were really painful. Even though I had never seen this dr. before, he seemed knowledgeable of what I was going through.

I came home from work at noon last friday because of the pain. I could have stayed home today, but I don't want to miss too much work. I have a bad cough. I wonder if I have pneumonia. The found some pneumonia in my chest x-rays last year, but they assured me it was going away.

No comments: