Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Friday, April 10, 2009

BYU NewsNet - Miss Iowa goes national about living with cerebral palsy

Abby is still getting the message out there. A beauty from the inside out.



BYU NewsNet - Miss Iowa goes national about living with cerebral palsy: "Tell Abby Curran she can’t do something and her reply will be, “watch me.” This was her attitude when she wanted to run for the Miss Iowa State beauty pageant."


“When I was told I could never enter a beauty pageant because of my condition, I not only entered, but competed and placed,” she said. “I’m living proof that believing in yourself and reaching for the stars can make all the difference in the world.”

Curran, 21, became the first person with a disability to compete for the Miss Iowa State pageant.

No comments: