Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks!

It's too easy to focus on the empty half of the glass.  It takes an extra muscle in the heart to see that in everything there is something to be thankful for.

Eric has been to my office, seen the cube where I spend my days...has no desire to see it again.  He calls my job "the most boring job in the world!"   Policy, data, paperwork...he really is not that far off!  Yet, I have been doing the job for over a decade.  I am proficient at it.  And...I am employed!

I am thankful for that.

Jodie...Woman #1.  She works her tail off as an office manager with little thanks or appreciation.  This has been her first year in a wheelchair full time.  As long as the wheelchair is functioning right for her, this transition has been a big blessing for her as it has reduced pain and strain on her body.  Twenty years of marriage!

I am thankful for that.

My son.  Eric is 15 and towers over me now.  Great student.  Awesome pitcher who helped lead his team to state.    He has given two sermons at church this year.  Jodie and I have always known that Eric was a gift from God to bless this world.  Every day that is more apparent.

I am thankful for that.

Family.  A job for stepdad John after a twenty month search.  Jobs and college for my nieces and nephew. Everyone rallying around  SisD with her battle with the Big C...the boys picked up a giant 80 bags of cans donation to support her yesterday.   I had an awesome visit with my sister last month, and I have been seeing my mom and have been having great visits on Saturday mornings while Papa John teaches Eric to drive.  Life - good stuff and hard stuff mixed together.

I am thankful for that.

Women #1 thru #99...you guys know who you are...keeping me sane or insane.  Lunch dates, words of wisdom...keeping me together.

I am thankful for that.

My church family - Resurrection Lutheran.  Interim Pastor Craig an Pastor Karl.  Faithfully sharing with us words we need to here.  Sisters and brothers at church with words of encouragement.  News that Pastor Mike has accepted the call to come lead us.

I am thankful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: