Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, March 12, 2012

To fail or to succeed...

I worry to much...ask anyone who knows me.

I love quotes.  Among my favorite:

Thomas Edison: "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Helen Keller: "“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”

Oh, and Uncle Ed (I need to paraphrase this one): "You set your eyes on a goal. You end up somewhere else. One day you realize that where you have ended up isn't that bad after all."

All this I share as I give birth to a new website.



My idea is that everyone has a story to tell, and a blog is a great place to tell it.  WordPress is a wonderful blogging and website cms (content management system).  I have found a great local company to host my websites.  The owner, Scott Hendison, use to coach my son's baseball team several years ago.  If I get into technical trouble, I know who I am working with...I am not on my own to flounder.

With givemeastory.com, I am offering people a chance to blog without committing to their own blog.  I think it would be neat to see a totally eclectic blog...different authors, different ideas.

I also want to offer to set up and host WordPress blogs or websites for people.  As an extra service, I want to offer up my writing and editing skills to help people write and/or edit their own blogs.  I am thinking there are people who want to have a quality web presence, but who need help to make it a reality.

Will I succeed or will I fail?

Wrong question, Uncle Ed would say.  I will end up somewhere, and it won't be that bad of place.


No comments: