Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Tip a cop - Yummm!

Swiss cheese, beer mustard onions, Black Forest ham, hamburger on a pretzel bun.  It's called the Octoberfest Burger.

Insanely good!  You bet!

I had one a week ago.  My taste buds have not been the same since.

Red  Robin.  We all love them.  Burger, salads, wraps, soup...they have so many great things on their menu.

Twenty two years ago, at the Red Robin in Beaverton, I got down on a knee and said "Woman, will you marry me?"  Jodie and I bought Red Robin t-shirts and we wore them with matching jeans the day after we got married.  Yes, they forever have a soft spot in our hearts.

I have another soft spot in my heart...Special Olympics Oregon.  For those who do not know, I have been a volunteer with them for nearly six months now.  My first task was to move their PlungeOregon event website from one website format to another.  Now, I am working on the social media team, learning the power of Facebook, Twitter and HootSuite.

Special Olympics Oregon serves children and adults in our community who have intellectual disabilities.    There are many great causes, I know, but this cause ranks very high on the list.  As a person with challenges myself, I know how important encouragement is.  Everything Special Olympics Oregon does is about lifting up people who might otherwise be  put down.

The Law Enforcement Torch Run is a worldwide partnership of law enforcement officers who join to raise money and awareness for Special Olympics.  Tomorrow, Saturday, October 13, 11-3 and 4-8, officers will be accepting extra tips at Red Robin restaurants in Oregon to benefit Special Olympics.  Yours truly help put thee blog post regarding this event - click here to view.

Below is a message from Red Robin about the event:





No comments: