Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Eric and Troy pardoned

My favorite episode of West Wing was when the President pardoned a couple turkeys, Eric and Troy:



I remember Eric and I just howled with laughter when we saw that.  How did they come up with those names...that just happened to be our names?

I have been neglecting my blogging responsibilities in a bad way lately.  Thoughts roll around in my head, but I can't find the words to spill them out in a coherent way.

Our budget has been squeezing us lately, for this, that and the other reason.  We are now living life in a much more disciplined and deliberate way.

This does not sound fun, I know, but in an odd way it has led us to a greater sense of family, friends and the multitude of blessings around us.

The blessings we already have are far greater than anything we want.  Maybe that is the true essence of Thanksgiving Day.

Peace and love to all.

;)


No comments: