Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

One in the can!

I just finished a website for a friend of a friend at work.  He has a fishing guide service.

Brad was paying pretty big bucks for an old-style FrontPage website.  I moved it to the WordPress platform...modern, easy to use, very professional.  Check it out:

sidewaysfishing.com

I discovered how wonderful Nextgen Gallery handles photos.  From my previous work, handling photos and photo galleries has been somewhat tricky.  Nextgen was easy to use and the photo galleries look great.

A couple tricky things I did in this project.  One, I used a fishing template I found at a online fishing magazine.  To get the slideshow in the top part area of the template took me hours...ok...days to figure out.  By trial and error I finally got it!

Another feat was that I designed the website on a subdomain for the client to see, then I helped the client move the domain "sidewaysfishing.com" from their old host over to GoDaddy, where I was able to forward the nameserver to my webhost, then I moved the WordPress site I had made on the test subdomain over to the domain.

And it all worked!

Technical stuff, I know.  I felt a huge sense of accomplishment.  I now know that I can successfully walk other clients through this tricky process.

Anyway, my prices are low and I work hard to make the website exactly how the client wants it.  I also maintain the website for you.  Check out my portfolio:

http://givemeastory.com/portfolio/

If you need a website, please send me an email twittren@outlook.com with details of what you need.  I will let you know what I can do for you and give you a bid.

Help me expand my portfolio.

;)


No comments: