Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Disability squared

Its been a week. I was putting my walker in the van. I fell backward out of the van.

Gone are the days when all that I hurt in a fall was my pride. I chipped my elbow. I am in a splint as the swelling lessens. I will be getting a cast on Friday.

Yes, I am typing this with my left middle finger, with new appreciation for my blogger friend, Glenda, the left thumb blogger.

Disability squared is what it feels like – already disabled, dealing with a temporary disability on top. Not that I am complaining...just another challenge to get through.

Daytime tv. Newest scandal. GMA. College baseball. Ellen. Maneuvering one handedly with my walker. Best friend, Clyde, with his eye on me all day long.

Next week I will be torturing Eric by having Eric drive me to work. Making a kid get up before 10 in the summer, evil!

;)

No comments: