Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Scammed...I can't believe it!

If it sound's too good to be true, it probably is. I know that!

A couple weeks ago, in my quest to check out ways for my wife and I to get an accessible van, I stumbled across a Google ad regarding applying for federal grants for just about anything.

I submitted the information in my previous post regarding our situation and our desire to get a full size accessible van, along with my home and work phone numbers. I don't remember what other information I gave, but I know I did not give my ssn of checking account#.

Last week I received a call from work. This lady said that we easily qualified for a $5000 grant, and probably more. She then asked if I had a checking account, and if I could pay a $295 application fee.

I was so duped! I forgot to look at my phone screen to see if a number appeared. I don't think we get caller ID at work.

I just said, "No thank you," and I hung up.

No comments: