Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

IE7 problems on Jodie's laptop

Jodie went to look at her e-mail yesterday and she could not get the internet to come up. That set me off on a wild goose chase to find a solution.

The connection box showed a red "X", as if something was wrong with the wireless router connection. My computer was finding the internet okay. It is plugged into the router. Eric's computer is connected over the wireless and it was finding the internet fine.

I went back to Jodie's computer and tried the Firefox browser instead of Internet Explorer 7. Firefox worked! IE7 just hung up.

I reset her computer several times.

I uninstalled her IE7, downloaded a new version, and reinstalled.

Still, her IE7 hung up.

I googled for a solution. One suggestion was to run a registry cleaning program. I did, and it found issues, but in order to fix them I had to register the program. I tried to do that, but the program was trying to connect to the internet via IE7....aye aye aye!

I was past burned out. I showed Jodie how to access the internet with Firefox...but today I went to searching for a solution.

I finally found a link on how to reset IE7. I found the "reset" button under the advanced tab in the "internet options" section of the control panel.

And guess what? It worked!

No comments: