Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, October 05, 2009

Uh...we live here...

Saturday, Jodie and I were getting ready to go shopping. We had cleaned out the van. Jodie was in the van making her way to her seat. I was loading her scooter.

A lady drove up and parked by our mailbox. I figured it was someone for our neighbor. Living on a culdesac, parking is kind of weird.

I was on our lift, and I noticed the lady was at our door. I called over to her "Can we help you?"

She still seemed determined to knock on our door. Jodie tried to talk to her, but the car window was up and the door was closed. Jodie had to holler to be heard.

The lady was looking for (we are trying to remember the name), we thing, "Janice".

We told her that nobody by that name lived here.

She went back to her car and got on her phone.

This reminded me of a time when a gutter salesman argued with me about wanting to talk with the owner of the house, refusing to believe I was he.

2 comments:

Glenda Watson Hyatt said...

Encounters like that sure make one shake one's head! "Remind me, which one of us is the disabled one cuz right now you're winning!"

Have a good day, Troy, with minimal encounters with the unenlightened!

Kathryn said...

How strange!