Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Glad I did not hear this kind of crap before I became a Christian!

Naughty word...I know. I'm a back row Lutheran, what can I say?

If God exacted punishment on us, who would live? Who would stand a chance?

God is love. God loves me, God loves you.

These kind of notions are so hurtful:

Va. Lawmaker: Disabled Kids are God's Punishment for Abortion - Political Hotsheet - CBS News: "'The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically,' he reportedly said. 'Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children.'

'In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord,' he added. 'There's a special punishment Christians would suggest.'"

No comments: