Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

My two cents...

Interesting conversation started over here:

Karen Spears Zacharias � Outside the Magic Circle: "“We were brought up, or at least I was brought up, to believe that the distribution of wealth was ordained by God. It was “in the blood.” You were born to be either wealthy and wise and rich and powerful and beautiful and healthy, or you were born to be poor and downtrodden and sick and miserable and drunken and immoral. There was very little you could do to change your fate because it was “in the blood.” I twas a very comforting thought, you see, because when you saw people starving and poor and miserable, you thought, “Well, it isn’t my fault. I didn’t do anything to cause it. God just ordained it that way.”"

No comments: