Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

122nd & Halsey

I drove by 122nd & Halsey twice on Monday and I didn't notice anything different. From Eric's school to work, and the reverse at night.

I must have been in such a zone on Monday. Returning to work after two weeks off. Emails to read, eligibility puzzles to solve, caseworkers to harass--how could I ever stay away from such fun for that long?

Yesterday, I noticed that the one corner on 122nd & Halsey was a pile of dirt. The old neighborhood Albertson's was was gone. Empty for years now, in its day it was a old style grocery store, not too big, not too small...like a favorite comfortable shoe.

The coffee hut on the corner is gone...though I assume that will come back. Jodie and I go their sometimes while waiting for Eric at Sunday School. Great service, great coffee.

Anyway, this is what my flying fingers found on Google:

What's happening at the former Albertson's store at NE 122nd & Halsey? | Hazelwood Neighborhood Association

No comments: