Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Friday, September 03, 2010

The lift...It still not working right!

Jodie and I are on vacation this week and next.  Staying home, doing this and that.

On Wednesday I took our Sprinter into the shop.  We have had the van for three years and have dealt with a hanging ceiling panel...a missing snap.  Hard to explain...easier to show.  One missing snap has turned into six...the ceiling is falling!  My cousin Kevin is the shop manager...I showed him what was happening...he ordered some new snaps to fix it.

Jodie has had her power chair since December.  We have had trouble with the lift stalling when we are lifting Jodie into the van.  The lift was geared for us to back on to be lifted;  Jodie has been coming front first to be loaded...and, duh, not working to well.  Jodie, Eric and I were at the lift shop for a couple hours yesterday for a tuneup and to fix it so we could front load.

It worked at the shop...of course.

We made some stops on the way home...the lift stalled each time on us.  We had to hand crank it.

We stopped at Cathedral Park on the way home...very beautiful place!

When we got home, we tried something.  We pushed my scooter closer to the backseat, put my walker on my scooter, then had Jodie turn her chair around in the van.  It was tight, but it seemed to work.  Jodie transfers from her chair to the seat in the van.

Today we are going to see if Jodie can just back in and then walk around her chair.

Trial and error...always!

No comments: