Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I finally got one...

I have wanted a Kindle electronic book reader for years.  Mom got one for my stepdad, John.

I have been using the pc version of Kindle on my netbook for awhile.

My reason for not getting one for so long is that I don't read a lot of books.  I consume news and blogs.  I am addicted to Twitter, Facebook, and Google Reader.  On my Twitter I follow many news outlets, reporters, and favorite people.  Google Reader I follow disability feeds, google trends, national and local feeds.  On Facebook I follow family and friends.  I find out more about what's happening at work off Facebook than anything I hear at work.

I am an informational junkie.

Any books I read are non-fiction - "Angel Face" about Amanda Knox, and "The Case for God".  I am not that good of reader because  I speed through everything.  I am just looking for the facts.

Well, my new 3g Kindle has surpassed all my hopes.  I did not realize that I could access the internet with it.  It handles Twitter, Google Reader and Facebook wonderfully, and the mobile connection is free!   My Gmail is not very easy to navigate on the Kindle, though I did finally find the best link to use.

The keyboard on the Kindle is not very "Troy" friendly.  Punching in my passwords is not as easy as I like.  The mousepad is small and tricky for me to use.

Even so, my Kindle is proving to be quite the dream for this info junkie.

No comments: