Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Result

Dr. Molly left a message today that the MRI on my mid back was clear.

I was afraid of what they might find, yet I was hoping for an explanation of the pain that I have. The news was a comfort, yet a twinge of a let down. It would be nice to know a reason for my pain, yet it is a comfort to know that I am not in need of surgery.

Some days the pain in my chest is much greater than other days. Some days my low back hurts. The pain goes up and down.

I return to Dr. Molly on April 24. I will do more research. Sometimes I wonder if it is my lungs. I tend to swallow wrong. One day at lunch I was eating raw carrots and one went down the wrong pipe; I didn't cough it up until that night.

During my therapy sessions the past month they found a rib in front that was painful and traced the rib around to the center of my back, which did hurt when they pressed.

I still feel pain when I take a deep breath.

I'm not giving up on figuring this out. The muscle relaxant I take at night does help me sleep. I now take a half of pill at work. I have not figured out yet if that helps.

Work has been a bit stressful. The budget reduction act of last year ended our ability to us the Rosales rule in making our TITLE IV-E determinations. In Oregon, relatives do n0t get paid foster care unless the child in their care is Title IV-E eligible. The Rosales rule enabled us to make kids IV-E who otherwise would not be. Now we have to close them and stop payment...not the funnest job in the world.

As my wife says, this will pass.

No comments: