Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Nose BIeed!

A week ago last Thursday I was sitting in a meeting. My nose started to run. It then saw blood on my paper.

I hurried into the bathroom. I was filling the sink with blood. It was really streaming out! I kept grabbing paper towels. It went on for 15-20 minutes. I kept trying to clean the sink, but the blood was getting everywhere!

I got everything as clean as I could, and I had my supervisor check. It was really embarrassing!

On Easter, I had two nose bleeds at home. The first was almost as bad as the one I had at work. The second stopped pretty quickly.

I called the dr. yesterday. The nsaid pain reliever that I've been taken for a while thins the blood. I was told to stop taking it for a week, then call back.

Hopefully my pain level remains calm. I can use my walker or scooter more if I need to... What's a little pain!

My nose got red last night, but it did not bleed.

No comments: