Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring break....snow?

E had the week off for spring break. Jodie took the whole week off; I just took Thursday and Friday off.

Snow in this part of Oregon usually ends in early March. Washington, just across the mighty Columbia River, always has their spring break a week after Oregon. More often than not, we get rain for our spring break, and they get sun.

This year, we got snow! No accumulation here, but we have been getting showers of a mix of hail and snow.

On Thursday. we drove down to Volcanoes Stadium in Keizer to watch Portland Christian play in a 2A baseball tournament. Nephew Vance played catcher in the game we saw. They won 15-5 in the game we saw. The game was stopped three times due to hail and rain. Friday's games were canceled because of snow - it was really snowing down there Friday afternoon. We did not go town today.

We had a guy come over to give us an estimate on a sun porch. I was thinking it would cost $5,000. Hee hee hee. Naw, it's really not that funny. I don't think we'll be doing a sun porch...


I took Jet White, our monster van, to have the breaks checked. The break peddle has had a little give in it lately. I thought it was more in my head. It turns out a little fluid is leaking in the cylinder when I break -- something like that -- so it was not in my head. The parts are ordered and I go in on Tuesday.

I applied for a job with the web design team with the State. I have created a number of websites, and I manage a few. I don't have formal training, but I have learned a lot on my own. Evidently not enough. I got my "Dear John" letter on Friday.

Sigh.....

No comments: