Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Pay per view for NYT?

I'd go broke fast if I had to pay for all the news I look at on the web. I just move on to free stuff. We need a new broker model...quality news from various sources that I choose. Content that is new and not available for free, with a content clipper I can use on my blog. Give me a fair price for this and I will pay.

New York Times Considers Two Plans to Charge for Content on the Web | The New York Observer: "One includes a 'meter system,' in which the reader can roam freely on the Web site until hitting a predetermined limit of word-count or pageviews, after which a meter will start running and the reader is charged for movement on the site thereafter. He warned staff at the meeting that this pay model would be 'tricky.'"

No comments: