Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

As We Pray for Peace…

I can't quite get my mind around the shooting down in Tucson.

Gabby was not on my radar before, but everything I hear about her I like. A centrist working for solutions; my kind of people.

The people who died, the judge, the 9/11 baby, the others...I am just sick.

Words from one of my favorite blogs help me.

Remembering our baptism.

Remembering why we are here.

Thinking and praying about as if life depends on it, because it does.

But what I do want to suggest is that we all need to change our own war like mantras that we put out there when we want to accomplish a goal.

This week we concentrate on our baptism, our initial moment of starting fresh as Christians and our constant reminders of those promises from that day forward. How can we renew these promises with a sense of urgency with regards to peace? How does God wish us to greet one another and deal with our differences? How can we be the refreshing waters of Baptism for others and a healing balm for the world?

This week let’s think about that and pray for those who were in harm’s way this week.

And most of all, let us pray for those who died and for peace.


As We Pray for Peace…We Need to Change « Googling God

No comments: