Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Can we send an ambulance for you sir?

"No!" I replied.

Women are stubborn, and men, well, we're men!

I have not been feeling well this week.  I've been tired and I have been feeling faint at times.  No coughing, no sneezing, no headache...just feeling yuck.  I have not fell sick enough to stay home.

This morning when I got to work, a coworker said she could hear me wheezing.  My chest felt heavy.  I texted Jodie to call our doctor to find out what to do.  Of course, they hear "heavy chest" and they want to send an ambulance.  I had my coworker, Sheri, take me to emergency.  Jodie had to come by bus because of her power chair; a coworker rode with her.

I can't  thank Sheri enough...so kind!

They did a bunch of test, a cat scan, and a chest x-ray.  Everything negative...maybe a spell of indigestion. I avoid going to the doctor because they rarely figure out my problem.

I was told not to drive until I followup with my doctor tomorrow.

Nephew Vance and our son, Eric,  picked Jodie and I up at the hospital.  Eric drove our bus from Vance's house to our home.  How many young drivers get to drive 3 qtr ton vans?  He did a wonderful job.

I am thankful I am ok, hopeful the doctor can figure out what this is.

Life...

No comments: