Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Words and Stones

Last Saturday, 4/8/06, I was sitting on the edge of the deck watching the pups. The kids from the house in back of us were out.

The saw me, one was moving under the bushes to watch me. Since the bushes have been trimmed up, he was in plain sight, but he acted like I did not see him.

The other kids started calling me "retard"---I have been called that before, so that was not new. But then, they started throwing red rocks at me. Lots of rocks landed on out roof; I could here them rolling down. One landed right in back of me. I don't know if it was a direct hit or if it rolled off the roof.

A few weeks ago they were throwing smaller stuff and I asked them to stop. It just egged them on more. Eric had his friend Austin over a few weeks back. Both boys, but mostly Austin from what I could see, had been batting pinecones over into their yard. We told Eric that cannot happen anymore.

We drove around to the other culdesac and Jodie spoke with the dad. I think that will solve it.

No comments: