Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

The eye roll...

As I mentioned in my previous post, we went to Corteo last night. We got there for the 4 o'clock show, but our tickets at will call were for the 8 o'clock show. We were able to exchange the tickets.

Jodie and I were both on scooters. We went to the handicapped entrance. There was only one seat in our area that could accommodate a scooter...and it was taken. I waited in the entryway while Jodie and E got situated. The ushers were trying to figure out what to do.

In front of me I say a young usher roll his eyes over the whole situation. I was right there by him, buy he was paying me no heed.

It made me laugh and it made me think. We were an inconvenience to him for a few minutes. BUDDY! Try being disabled. Try dealing with inconvenience all the time. I long for a day when I do not face physical limitations 24/7.

Disability is not for wimps!

They were able to transfer Jodie to a seat. Eric helped the ushers park our scooters near the door.

Things worked out fine.

No comments: