Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Why do they mock us?

Jodie was in the backyard Saturday playing with our Dorkies, Bonnie and Clyde. Live wires, they are. Jodie was running around with them, as fast as her crutches let her run. She was talking to our babies.

The kids it the yard behind us were mocking her. They were imitating what she was doing.

I used to go out back more. I don't do much of the yard work anymore, and we are busy, so I don't get out there much. A couple years ago, those same kids would call me names, imitate my walk and movements, and throw small rocks at me. We drove around to the other culdesac and told their dad about the rock throwing.

We need to set up a web cam. I don't know how we can act on this stuff without having proof.

No comments: