Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Goliath vs, Goliath?

Google drops a bomb on Microsoft:

In the second half of 2010, Google plans to launch the Google Chrome OS, an operating system designed from the ground up to run the Chrome web browser on netbooks. “It’s our attempt to re-think what operating systems should be,” Google writes tonight on its blog.

But let’s be clear on what this really is. This is Google dropping the mother of bombs on its chief rival, Microsoft. It even says as much in the first paragraph of its post, “However, the operating systems that browsers run on were designed in an era where there was no web.” Yeah, who do you think they mean by that?



I love the Google Chrome browser. It is very fast and lightweight. I know it's not a huge deal for people not as addicted to the internet as myself. I look forward to trying GCOS on my netbook.

No comments: