Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

But the ticket was in there!

I took Jodie to her therapy appointment, since her scooter is still in the shop.

It is tricky parking our oversized Jet White in the skinny, extremely angled spaces, but I manage.

Jodie validated the parking ticket inside. When we drove out, I put the ticket in the machine. I have trouble reaching down from our tall van...with my shaky hands...but I got it in there.

The machine spit the ticket out!

I fumbled around...I dropped the ticket.

I backed up, walked up and got the ticket, drove back up, tried again.

Police action was happening outside the gate. There was a 'help' button...but real guys don't...

I got the ticket back in the slot...and the gate opened...

No comments: