Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Motorcyle parked in disabled space?

Eric and I went to the movie theater yesterday to see "GI Joe: The Rise of the Cobra." Nothing to do with the GI Joe dolls I remember from my youth - but hey, I'm old. Good guy movie though; lots of action.

When we were leaving, we saw a guy on a motorcycle park his bike in the disabled space beside where we we parked. It seemed odd, I thought, but I have learned to not to judge too quickly.

The guy got off his bike and went and sat on the bench in front of us. He reached down to his
boots.

"Hey Dad!" Eric said, "he has a prosthetic leg!"

God bless him.

I was telling Jodie about him. She wanted to know where he hung his disabled parking card. We have gotten dinged before for not having ours visible. He had a special disabled license plate.


No comments: