Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Friday, January 19, 2007

I made it to work today...

A one day work week. We still had slush in our driveway this morning, but it was well above freezing. I use a walker part of the time, but not all the time. I had my 11 yr old son help me to the car.

My wife depends on forearm crutches. She could get no traction with her crutches this morning and was not able to make it to the car. She stayed home.

I felt good about getting to work today, but a coworker made a comment as she passed "Finally decided to come to work, huh?" She could have been joking, but I don't know her well and it didn't sound like she was joking.

Part of me is always thinking "I need to overcome!" I get upset with myself when I can't.

She was probably joking. I am probably paranoid...something else for me to worry about...

No comments: