Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Do It Myself Blog

I found this wonderful blog:

Do It Myself Blog

Glenda Watson Hyatt is a Canadian author who has the same brand of cerebral palsy as I have - athetoid.

I like her entry -

Medical Professionals Are the Worst Disablism Perpetuators

Doctors do seem to be really ignorant of disabilities. Book understanding of what disabilities are versus who disabled people are and the realities they deal with are very different things. I suppose we can't expect them to know everything, but when you are in the middle of a health trial, you turn to your doctor for answers. When they look at you as a source for their higher learning, rather than someone they can actually help, it gets frustrating!

Glenda's husband, Darrel Hyatt, has a business: Enablingabilities.com. It is a resource for adaptive computer technology. He uses a wheelchair.

Kind of like Jodie and I. Jodie is out front and social; I am a behind-the-scenes geek.

My grandma made Jodie promise her that I would not forget my writing. Jodie really wants to be a speaker.

Maybe one of these days we can follow the path of Glenda and Darrel.

No comments: