Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Toddler in life-support battle dies - CNN.com

Toddler in life-support battle dies - CNN.com

Doctors trying to decide when to give up hope. A "10 day notice for patients deemed medically futile."

The Emilio's mother, Catarina Gonzales, never gave up hope. She probably knew her boy was going to die, but why not let it happen is God's time?

I was born with my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck. Oxygen was cut off from my brain. It was not until I was eight months old that doctors discovered I had cerebral palsy. Doctors would not tell my mom whether I'd ever be able to walk or talk.

She could have given me up. Friends said it would be easier that way.

My mom was not wired that way. Catarina was not wired that way.

God places unending hope in the hearts of mother's for their children. Doctors have no right to take that away.

God's grace, God's time, a mother's hope.

No comments: