Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Back to CarToys

The shop manager never called back with any resolution to my car stereo problem. Expensive radio, no AM antenna...very poor reception.

My mom called me the other day at work to find out more about the problem. I explained what the guy at the shop said as well as I could. Mom said that John laughed when she called him at work and told him that I was upset over not getting AM reception in the car. He said, "Only Troy would get upset over that!"

Mom and John met me at CarToys this morning. I sat in the van until I saw them. Mom was irked that a bunch of employees were just watching me from inside. Finally, the salesman I bought the stereo from last Saturday came out. He had not been there when we returned last Sunday when we returned because of lack of AM reception. He seemed to have different reasons for why the AM didn't work...something about a European plug....and add-on radios versus stock radios. I asked about the reasons we were told last Sunday...he was like "Oh yeah, that too."

He had the shop look at it again to see what they could do. In the end, they ran a wire from the stereo to the AM radio.

Why didn't they do that for us last week?

They also reversed the view of the backup camera, so now now the view looks the same as I would see through a rearview mirror. I was getting confused with it the other way.

No comments: