Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Scare at the drive-thru

We stopped to get burgers tonight. Talking through the speaker, they don't understand me very well...and they can't hear Jodie from the passenger side, so E stands over me and speaks the order for us.

He shouts, because one drive thru we have gone to requires us to shout. The order clerk told us not to shout. E toned it down a bit, but the clerk still was not getting it. Then Jodie tried. We thought they got the order.

When we got to the window, they asked us for our order again. We paid, and proceeded to the next window. We waited....and waited. The cars were stacking up behind us.

It was a long time.

A guy from a few cars back got out of his car. He came up to the order window and asked the worker "What is this? Senior citizens night out?"

He saw our van....and our two scooters. He was a little rough looking. I rolled my window up. We were a little afraid.

I drove off without our food. I was going to park in front and go in for the food. As we drove around front, an employee ran out with our food.

I don't know why we weren't asked to wait in the "grill" parking places for when orders take longer.

Mark that B'ville off our list for awhile.....

No comments: