Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, February 25, 2008

King of Dodge Ball...out of commission for a month...

The kind of call you don't want to get at the end of the work day. My son had broke or sprained his are playing dodge ball during PE. He tripped over his friend's feet.

My in-laws care for E while Jodie and I work. They were on the way to pick Jodie up from work, and the going to the doctor's. The x-ray showed a fracture. He is wearing a splint for a couple days until the swelling goes down. The doctor will see then if he needs a cast.

After breaking my arm twice, I know what the pain is like. I wish I could go through it for him.

He is taking Tylenol with codeine. A short while ago he was feeling pain and we had to encourage him to take a pill.

E will not be playing in the basketball tourney this weekend, though we will be there to root the team on.

He was telling us how he is the king of dodge ball. A month is a long time for me...I hope he can handle it that long.

Hopefully it will not interfere with his baseball season.

No comments: