Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Segways for the disabled

I think it is wonderful that disabled vets are gaining mobility with the Segway, and seg4vets is facilitating it.

I remember when the Segway first came out, there was a lot of hoopla of how it would change the world. I think the thought was people would give up walking and cars for Segways. With the soaring price of gas, this could still happen.

Here is a great story about how the Segways are helping vets gain mobility.

I found a video of a guy who added a seat to a Segway. I found a SegSeat ($749?).

I doubt Jodie and I would have the balance to handle a Segway, but it does peak my interest. People look at you different when you are sitting in a scooter rather than being up at eye level.

I believe the Ibot uses the same technology, but I am sure at a much higher price ($29,000) vs the Segway ($5,000 - $6,000).

I would still like to try a Segway...

No comments: