Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hello Johnson Family...

Monday night E had his last baseball game of the season. Districts are in 2 weeks.

I am nursing a bad cold, so I stayed in the car for awhile. Then, I just had to get out and watch the game.

I tried to sit back where I would not have much people contact. We were playing Corbett. E was taking care of business on the mound.

A little boy started looking at my scooter. He was about 2 I'd guess...not quite verbal. He thought my scooter was pretty cool. His mom, Cindy, came over to introduce him to me. I love such opportunities...I can't initiate them very well, but when other adults do, it's a great learning experience for kids.

Cindy introduced me to her husband and each of her 6 kids. She use to coach volleyball at E's school, Portland Christian. PC and Corbett at big rivals in sports.

I told her that we have been going to the 4th of July parade for the last few years. We love it! She encouraged us the get there earlier this year, so we could park at the school, and stick around for the booths afterward. I think we will!

Turns out my sister-in-law, Denise, and Cindy use to work at the same hair salon years ago. Small world...

No comments: