Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Friday, June 20, 2008

We won?

E's baseball team played the nearly unbeaten Camas team on there home field last night. E pitched three good innings, Drew finished the game very well. Boys on our team who have struggled made some stellar plays in the field. This Camas team has been beating other teams by 10 points or better. I don't know how we got out of there with a 10-3 win!

There was a young boy (maybe 10?) with some sort of disability tooling around on a smaller scooter than what Jodie and I have. He was driving on the edge of the blacktop with one wheel in the dirt, kicking up dust. Littler kids were chasing him in fun. He was cruising around the tennis court. Made me feel good to see the little guy having fun.

As I was loading my scooter into Jet White, I saw a man watching us from his truck with a big smile on his face. I wondered if it was little guy's father....

No comments: