Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh Hillary...

I had to run to the drugstore during the airing of Hillary Clinton's speech at the DNC tonight. I heard part of it on the radio, and saw the end of it on TV when I got home.

It was a good speech. She said the things she needed to say. But questions still linger. Why did Barack pass over her for veep? Her supporters don't seem too happy. And, how strong was her endorsement? She seemed to endorse the democratic candidate rather than Obama.

I had a hard time warming up to Hillary during the campaign. She seemed to be the presumptive nominee, and she seemed annoyed when she actually had to fight for it. She did not run a smart campaign. Lot's of missteps...even playing games until the end to secure some of the votes at the convention.

I like Barack's words. He is very eloquent. I do worry about his ability to turn his words into action, but thinking about that, any candidate have to battle for that.

Hillary finally seemed genuine to me tonight. I could have voted for the Hillary I saw tonight. I still like Barack, but Hillary's speech tonight raised her in my eyes. If Barack had asked her to be on the ticket, it would have created even more of a circus atmosphere between now and election day than it already is, but wonder if not making this final reconciliary move is going to cost the Dems the election.

This election is different than the last couple presidential elections that have been choosing the least bad of two candidates. This election is a vote for or against Obama.

Who is the other guy running?

No comments: