Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A side trip to see Aunt Jan

We left Seattle Friday afternoon and drove to see my Aunt Jan and Uncle Bruce in Buckley.

I was expecting it to be out in the country with little traffic. Out in the country, yes, but traffic the whole way! Neighboring Bonney Lake is a real boom town.

We had a good visit. Aunt Jan is my bio Dad's sister. She is really into putting together our family tree. I have never gotten the bug to work on my tree. I was adopted by my stepdad as a kid. That is just the beginning in the strangeness in my family tree. Aunt Jan...that stuff doesn't bother her. She has learned that all family trees have strange twists and turns...it's nothing new! She just follow every twist and turn the best she can.

Her son, Karl, and his wife, Kim, came over to see us. I think it has been 20 years since I had seen Karl. We were kids! He looks a lot like my brother. We had a good time.

No comments: