Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Trip to the Expo Center...

E had a buddy spend the night last night. Day time high's around here in Oregon have been over a hundred degrees.

So, what do you do to fill he time for 2 12 yo boys on such a scorcher of a day?

We headed to the Portland Expo Center, praying that they had good air conditioning...and they did.

Today the public was invited to visit the International 2008 Military Vehicle Preservation Association Convention.

We all enjoyed the show, but I venture to say I enjoyed it more myself. Jeeps, Humvees, military trucks of all sizes, tanks, motorcycles -- dating back to World War I! I kept scooting around and between them, trying to take it all in.

There was also vendors selling every military relic you can think of.

Even more impressive was watching the veterans walking or wheeling about, remembering the days of sacrifice.

We let each of the boys buy a small replica - Austin got a tank, and E got a Apache helicopter.

I wanted to buy a $200 tank.....but naa...

No comments: