Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Friday, October 03, 2008

Biden, Palin, Nicy Nice

I watched the VP debate last night, and I was  mostly paying attention.  I was eating my Taco Bell dinner,  then surfing the net...and checking the score for my Beavs....boo hooooo!

To me, Palin seemed to be reciting everything from short term memory.  It looked like she was reading, though I'm sure there was not a reader board out there.  When they had to volly responses back and forth, her's was just a repitition of what was just said...I mean, it wasn't as smoothly disguised as new info, the way most politicians do.

Also, I was surprise on the points they agreed on, particularly no gay marriage, but rights for gay couples.  Rather than hammer each other on  the smallest of differences, they were overly anxious to agree and go on.

The polls show Biden the  winner, but I like this from the Christian Science Monitor that says Palin did well by not having any "Katie Couric" moments.

I heard a commentator say last night that Palin played well to people who already like her, but did do much to reach the uncommited voters.

After the debate, Biden and Palin seemed really warm to each other when the shook  hands.  Whate were the saying?  I thought it was a nice touch.


No comments: