Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Call Me Crazy

Lee Ann Womack, ever since I saw her sing "A Little Past Little Rock" on a country music awards show about 10 years ago, I have been a huge fan. She was very pregnant and had to be uncomfortable, but she delivered the song with style and grace.

Her singing is wonderful, but I think her song writing is genius.

Listen to her new album here - Call Me Crazy. It has really been pulling me out of a funk. Beautiful voice, beautiful lyrics. Sad, reaching the bottom, looking up.

"Either Way" is a haunting tune. A cheating husband..."I'm past the point I give a damn"..."you can go or stay, I won't love you either way." Pained honesty.

"Solitary thinkin'" has a bluesy country beat, so good for the soul.

I love her voice, and her lyrics are always a step above the rest. I really like "I Found it in you"--"everyone needs a reason to live..."

"If these walls could talk they'd pray" --- has there ever been a better line for a country song?

"Everything but quits" with George Strait. George has more country hits than anyone. Here is another one.

"The King of Broken Hearts" is classic country...could have come out 30 years ago.

"Live every moment as if it is the last one..." the chorus of "The story of My Life."

"Last Call" is the song on the charts...."I bet you're in a bar...because I'm always your last call."

Country music..."White man's blues"...Lee Ann is the queen.


No comments: