Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

National Daily faces 21st century reality

I majored in Technical Journalism when I went to Oregon State University in the 80's. The internet was telnet, black and white screen, bulletin boards and email for geeks.

Whoever foresaw news "papers" becoming obsolete? But, here it is:

Monitor shifts from print to Web-based strategy

I am a news junky. I recently quit receiving home delivery of The Oregonian, opting only for the Sunday edition. On my desk I have a renewal bill for my local community newspaper, The Gresham Outlook. I read it online now. It is easier for me, with my disability, to navigate my way through the online version than through the paper version, but part of me hates to see the community "paper" go away.

Online news sites: please move away from login requirements. I want RSS feeds of my favorite columnists without that hassle!

No comments: