Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Friday, December 26, 2008

White Christmas...

Christmas Eve was a quiet one at home for us.  Week two of being snowed in.  

We are getting creative in the meal department as we use up our groceries.  I mixed hamburger with baked beans.  I didn't have the pineapple to mix in like mom does.   Not bad...not the best.

We called mom and John after dinner.  We miss you...look forward to our makeup Christmas Eve...when the slush is gone.

We watched one of our favorite holiday movies, 'Jingle All the Way'.  Arnold, Sinbad, Phil Hartman...we watch it every year.

Santa was nice to us, thanks to our heavy dependence on internet shopping...and E and Jodie braving the Thanksgiving weekend crowds.  A color print out picture sufficed for one additional gift we plan to get for E...when we are no longer snowed in.

Mike and Vance drove the Suburban over to get us Christmas Day afternoon.  Tbey were amazed at the depth of the snow in our culdesac.   Mike, Va nce and E shoveled a path to the Suburban, then it was a group effort to get Jodie and I to the truck.

The five mile stretch of Birdsdale Ave., that separates us.  It was a bumpy ride.  Lots of packed snow.  Cars were slid off the road.  One older lady was in tears as she drove off after having been pushed out of the ditch by some good samaritans.

Turkey dinner was wonderful.  Being with family and friends was wonderful.  Sharing gifts was fun.  We gave my sister-in-law the book "PC's for Dummies" and a coupon for a day with a live computer dummy...yours truly.

Denise was nervous that Mike and I might be talking politics.  I was good.  I kept my "Dan Quale in a skirt" comments to myself.

One of the day`s highlights was seeing it snow so heavy at my in-laws' estate.  It was beautiful!  A genuine white Christmas...

No comments: