Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Christmas Eve on New Years Day....

New Years Day we went to my mom's for our snow-delayed Christmas eve celebration. We all live on opposite sides of town...30 or 40 miles maybe. We don't see each other much. Christmas is often the only time we are all together.

Sis is an empty nester now. Daughter Tyf is now in college studying to be a dental hygienist. Bro is living up in the woods and has the beard to match. Mom and John are waiting to hear what his company will decide regarding upcoming layoff decisions.

E is five foot seven; taller than his aunt and cousin. People change in a year, well, kind of. Circumstances change. Kids get older. Actually, everyone gets older, except myself, of course.

Beans, rolls and deli meats for lunch...a Costco chocolate fudge cake for dessert.

John likes to talk politics and issues. I know enough to ask questions. John knows way more than I do and can actually answer my questions. He has no answers for the Middle East woes. Such as disappointment!

E played santa and passed out the gifts.

Simple and ordinary...that's what makes our Christmas celebration special.

We part with a promise to see more of each other through the year.

Fudge...mom, I didn't see my fudge. And John, that wonderful fruitcake that your brother always sends, the one that we always split, I didn't see that either..

No comments: