Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy pill cartel

Last night at Providence Hospital in Portland, I dropped Jodie and E off at the front of the hospital. I then had to go park Jet White.

The upper parking lot was closed. There was a sign directing people to park in the parking garage. The height limit in the garage is six-and-a-half feet. Jet White is 2 feet taller. I headed to the end of the building that houses several clinics down to the end where the therapy pool is. There is a very small lot there. There was only two cars in the lot.

As I was unloading the scooter, both the cars left. Kind of strange being in a empty, secluded lot at night. The fun part is driving the scooter, flying down the sidewalk, and making it too my mother-in-laws room in warp time.

My mother-in-law and my sister-in-law who had been there most of the day commented on how nice the doctors, nurses and the other staff had been throughout the day.

When I left to get the van, I was scooting down the hall and there was a doctor talking to another doctor or nurse. I go cautiously and try to get around them best I can without interrupting them. I was surprised when they took the time to make eye contact with me and ask me how I was doing...then they waited for me to answer. It caught me off guard!

Providence Hospital has a happy pill cartel is all I can figure.

Great job Providence!

No comments: