Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"I don't know what to say..."

A friend of mine at work stopped by the other day.  It was her day off, but she stopped by the office to share the news.

It was not good news, but not really a surprise.  Her husband has been having memory problems for at least 7 years.  The doctor's kept saying it was his heart medicine.  In the past year, they have started to say it could be Alzheimers.

Her husband is a security job.  He writes notes so he can remember stuff.

My friend had the results from the tests.  Her husband has Alzheimers, stage 3 going into stage 4.

It wasn't really a surprise.  He has to quit work.  They need to apply for disability.  A major life changer.

I struggled for words to say.  I gave up.  "I don't know what to say."

"I know," she said.




No comments: